Winter is coming, and for some of us the off-season is in full swing, but that doesn’t mean it is too early to look ahead to 2017! It has been a few years, at least as far back as 2012 from what I can remember, since we had an organized, recurring group ride during the bitter cold months. I blame all of you, Strava, Zwift, and Facebook, but mainly I blame the frigidly cold winter we had 2 years ago. Looking back I didn’t ride outside much that winter, and last year, while there was ample opportunity I don’t think I hit up 1 big group ride. So after too much explaining here is the plan.
- Two-ish Saturday group rides per month starting in December 2016 and running through March 2017.
- If the weather is too bad we will opt to do our group ride indoors via Zwift (maybe). Check Twitter (@atc134) for updates.
- Meet at Botzum Trailhead at 10am
- Will post GPS/Map of the upcoming ride on Tuesdays
- Swag items on par with any good MTB race will be awarded to the winner of the final town sprint (think used tires, useless pump, or worn out single speed cog)
Tentative Schedule (subject to modification due to foul weather)
Dec 3, 2016-Season Opener ------- 3 hours/50 miles
Note: Chill first ride of the season, let’s be friends J
Dec 17, 2016-Brecky ------- 4 hours /70 miles
Note: Group will meet Northerners at corner of Riverview Rd and Chippewa Creek Dr
Dec 31, 2016-Festive Finish---------- 4 hours (or more)/Amount needed to finish F500
Jan 14, 2017------ More info to follow
Jan 28, 2017
Feb 11, 2017
Feb 25, 2017
Mar 11, 2017
Mar 18, 2017
Probably not necessary, but I am going to say the following anyway. These rides a meant to be a non-drop ride, but be prepared in case you are having a bad day, or the group is in a foul mood. If you follow these simple guidelines, all should be well J
- Ride two abreast at all times, especially when first departing. This is one of the most important guidelines. Obey all rules of the road. (Red lights and stop signs).
- Bring money, food, drink, spare tubes, adequate clothing, a cell phone, and fenders if ya got em. Load the map into your GPS, know the route or buddy-up.
- We are NOT out in hunt of KOM’s or QOM’s, so don’t attack the group on the hill or downhill. The point is to ride together at a nice tempo, and save the race efforts for…….the race